LAKE CHATUGE COMMUNITY PRAYER FORCE
“Taking Seriously the Call to Pray”
For our local families, schools, government, businesses, churches, and organizations; our state and Nation; and for the peace of Jerusalem.
LAKE CHATUGE COMMUNITY PRAYER FORCE
Team Meeting Prayer Time: 1st Tuesday of Each Month
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Individually Praying Throughout Each Month As Well
LOCATION: Chatuge Ministry & Event Center
(previously Mountain Home Music Hall)
2532 Highway 76 Hiawassee, GA
IN GOD WE TRUST
Community Prayer Force
We believe that God invites us to regularly pray for our local Lake Chatuge area (Hiawassee, Young Harris, Hayesville, and Blairsville communities), and for our state, Nation, and for the peace of Jerusalem.
We believe prayer is the clear and obvious path forward.
The Lord tells us He will meet with us when we pray…
“Then you will call upon Me and come and PRAY to Me and I will listen to you.” Jeremiah 29:12
The LAKE CHATUGE COMMUNITY PRAYER FORCE is open to all who have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to pray for God to pour out His blessings on our Lake Chatuge communities, America, and for the peace of Jerusalem. Our prayers can go where we cannot. As Brother Andrew founder of Open Doors stated, “God invites us to influence our communities, our nation, our world–literally direct history while we are on our knees.”
LAKE CHATUGE COMMUNITY
The Lake Chatuge Community Prayer Force is an outreach of Christian Financial Ministries (CFM)–a 33+ year-old, Bible-based, financial teaching, training, mentoring, and coaching, IRS approved 501-c-3 non-profit ministry. The CFM Headquarters and mailing address is 318 Chatuge Shores Overlook, Hayesville, NC 28904. We serve from the Chatuge Ministry & Event Center, 2532 Highway 76 West, Hiawassee, Georgia.
Why the Lake Chatuge Community Prayer Force?
The average Christian does not have the contacts, time, or energy to keep informed about most issues on local, state, and national levels. More and more, some of these issues appear to deny our freedoms. Others undermine the basic moral fiber of our country. We the people must regularly seek God’s intervention for each emerging concerrn.
According to national studies, 83% to 90% of Christians pray at least weekly. However, it is estimated that fewer than 10% of those who pray regularly intercede for our local communities, state, and nation, and very few regularly if ever pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
God’s Word instructs us to pray regularly for our communities, our state, nation, and for the peace of Jerusalem.
- For example, here is what God told His people in exile in Babylon in Jeremiah 29:4-7: Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. We as Christians are not in exile here in America as were the people of God in Babylon. But we are strangers in a foreign land. How so? We know from the Bible that our ultimate citizenship is in heaven. Nevertheless, this fundamental truth exists: If we as God’s people prayerfully seek what is best for our community, our state, and our Nation, and for the peace of Jerusalem then our community, our state, our Nation, and Jerusalem will be blessed.
- In I Timothy 2:1-4 we find this: I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.”
- Then we have 2nd Chronicles 7:14: If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. As you know, this verse is often quoted as a call to prayer and revival for American Christians, suggesting that if we pray, repent, and humble ourselves, God will turn our communities and our country around and make it “one nation under God” again.
- Finally, we have this from Psalm 122:6: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May those who love you be secure.”
The Lake Chatuge Community Prayer Force informs, connects, and mobilizes local intercessors to PRIMARILY pray for our community. We ALSO pray for our state, our Nation, and for the peace of Jerusalem. We provide Christians in our churches and communities with information and tools to help unite them in effective prayer.
- Connect, inform, grow, and mobilize Lake Chatuge-area Christians to regularly meet to intercede for the following:
- Our local Community Prayer Partners such as our local businesses, service organizations, churches, government offices and officials, first responders, schools, and others;
- Our two states and our Nation; and for the
- Peace of Jerusalem.
- Connect with and learn from other like-minded groups across the country. We partner with Intercessors for America.
How We Will Accomplish Our Goals
To help inform, connect, and mobilize Lake Chatuge-area intercessors, the Lake Chatuge Community Prayer Force prays.
- When: First Tuesday each month from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM as a Team, then individually throughout the month.
- Where: Chatuge Ministry and Event Center, 2532 Highway 76 West, Hiawassee, Georgia.
- Who: Up to 50 prayer partners or individuals
- Agenda: 5 minutes to open in prayer, receive education, instruction, and materials; followed by 50 minutes of independent and small group, targeted prayer; concluding with 5 minutes for closing remarks and prayer.
- Post Meeting:
- Team Leadership connects with our Community Partners each month in person, over the phone, or email to receive prayer requests and praise reports.
- “We prayed for you” post cards sent to each Community Partner each month.
These Scriptures undergirded the prayer mobilization of the CCPF:
- Matthew 6:6-18 – the pattern of Kingdom prayer and fasting taught by Jesus of Nazareth
- Mark 11:17 – the Church as a house of prayer for all nations
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4 – apostolic mandate to pray for all, and for all in authority, so that there might be good government, peace, a godly society and a release of the gospel
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 – God’s call for His people to repent, pray, and turn from their wicked ways, with the promise of healing for their land
- Ezekiel 22:29-31 – God is looking for even one leader or person who will “stand in the gap” and help avert judgment
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 – the weapons of warfare are not carnal, but spiritually powerful to the destruction of demonic strongholds
- Matthew 16:18, 24:14 – the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church as it proclaims the gospel of the Kingdom to the ends of the earth.
What We Believe
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Our Vision Statement
To see God’s purposes for our local communities, state, Nation, and Jerusalem fulfilled through sustained prayer and Spirit-led obedience.
CONCERNING THE PICTURE OF THE FUTURE, WE BELIEVE:
- God creates communities and nations and tears them down. (Dan. 2:21)
- God’s heart for communities and nations is to bless them. (Ps. 33:12)
- God holds communities and nations accountable for their collective actions. (Mic. 5:15)
- Leaders of communities and nations are subject to God’s will. (Prov. 21:1)
- Solutions to community and national problems are spiritual, and rest in the hands of the Church beginning with prayer and an utter dependence upon God’s power. (2 Chron. 7:14)
- God gives us the authority to affect the course of nations. (Acts 17:26)
- We must pray for God-fearing leaders (Exod. 18) and that godly government is the result of an effective Church. (1 Tim 2:1-3)
- The mandate of the Lord’s Prayer, “. . . your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven . . .,” is the purpose of God for the government. (Matt. 6:10)
- We can expect results from prayers. (1 John 5:14)
- Fasting takes our prayers to another level. (Matt. 6:16-18)
- The highest form of government is a constitutional republic led by God-fearing leaders placed in power by a moral society led by an effective Church.
- We are expendable, only existing to encourage the Church while understanding that someday our organization will no longer be needed. (Mark 11:17)
Our Mission Statement
Inform, connect, and mobilize a growing community of Lake Chatuge-area Christians to pray for our local communities, state, Nation, and for the peace of Jerusalem.
IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THE VISION, WE BELIEVE:
- God specifically calls some to a ministry that focuses on prayer for our local communities, our State, and our Nation, while requiring all at some level to pray for leaders.
- Effective intercession requires a prophetic perspective, hearing the voice of the Lord through the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the truth never presented in a sensational manner.
- There is an enemy of our souls, our communities, and our Nation that orchestrates a coordinated battle plan that is discernable and beatable with spiritual weapons. (2 Cor. 10:3-6)
- Passion and boldness for prayer is stoked by collective times of prayer, praying as if the course and destiny of America hangs in the balance.
- We constantly need to seek God’s perspective and interests: what is good, what is bad, and what He cares about most.
- The Body of Christ has many expressions, we desire to fellowship with all who hold to orthodox, scriptural Christianity. (Rom. 12:18)
- In the midst of building community, God is looking for those who will stand in the gap and intercede on behalf of our land. (Ezekiel 22:30)
OUR CORE VALUES:
Prayerful, Truthful, Generous, Hopeful, and Relational
WE WILL BE KNOWN AS:
- Spread the passion that God releases His power through prayer
- Believe in the power and importance of prayer that is Spirit-inspired and based on Scripture
- Be watchful and discerning in prayer with a sense of urgency and desperation
- Be a team who prays in faith
- Provide spiritual truth to the world
- Vet carefully and produce with excellence all our resources
- Express integrity and effective stewardship in all we do
- Have a humble spirit in our interactions with others without promoting ourselves
- Share our resources with whomever requests them
- Rejoice in being servants with an outward focus in support of the local church
- Convey the great hope that Jesus freely offers
- Champion God’s perspective and His desires for our nation
- Encourage others through prophetic perspective and strategic insight
- Build faith with all with whom we come in contact
- Build community among Chatuge-area intercessors to foster more intercession
- Create an environment among Chatuge-area intercessors that inspires and encourages them
- Value healthy relationships as foundational to our ministry
If you would like to come and pray, become a Community Prayer Partner and be prayed for, or have any questions,
please contact Dr. Bob Louder by
phone (678-386-2648) or email(firstname.lastname@example.org)
or complete the form below.