Radio Seminar: Fin Freedom God’s Way 2
Scam Alert: High School sports streaming SCAM
Minute with Maxwell: “Accountability
Program Transcript (approximately correct)
Welcome to Financial Freedom God’s Way Radio. This is where you learn to identify, apply, and pass on, Bible-based financial principles and applications so that you and your family will not only just survive, but thrive during these very uncertain times.
Hi and welcome everyone, this is Bob Louder from Christian Financial Ministries, and it is an absolute honor to have you with us again, it really is. Now, what is on the schedule for our 30 minute time together today?
- First, you are going to discover how our new weekly Financial Freedom God’s Way Radio Seminar sessions will help you and your family. As you will see, our times together will be all about how you and your family can enjoy Financial Freedom God’s Way by learning, applying, and even passing on to others Bible-based principles and practical applications. Prepare for a journey of discovery that is going to knock your sock off.
- Then, we will build a bit on what the Lord is showing us about financial freedom by responding to a real world question for a real person.
- Next, if you want to watch a local high school game, then you need to be aware of the latest sports streaming scams—that ought to get our attention as our schools and all our sports programs are getting back up to speed.
- And finally, well finally, one of our favorite Christian authors, speakers, and teachers, John Maxwell will share with us this thoughts on the word Accountability.
So stay tuned, won’t you. It is going to be a time together with the Lord you are not going to want to miss. Let’s start by making sure The Lord is the One driving our time together—let’s open with a word of prayer. Father, we thank You for meeting with us, teaching us, and challenging us again today. Will You please give us ears to hear and the faith to put into practice all that you have planned for us today, to Your glory, in Jesus’ mighty name we ask, amen.
Welcome back to week two of the Your Finances in Perilous Times Radio Seminar. And please remember to listen, plus take notes if you like, but if you are a note taker you might simply want to get a copy of this program’s transcript at our website www.christianfinancialministries.org
Now, right off the bat, I have to tell you that this is going to be a fantastic time together, because God is going to do an amazing work in your heart. You are about to begin a journey of discovery. What the Holy Spirit is going to give you during this journey can absolutely, positively, and completely transform your entire spiritual and financial life. What you are going to hear is an adaptation of our premier seminar presented to a whole bund of folks in over 30 different countries over a whole bunch of years. Normally you would see a bunch of power points and have a bunch of note taking tools. Nope, not for the radio seminar. Instead, and better yet, you can both re-listen to and read the transcript of each Radio Seminar session on our website at www.christianfinancialministries.org. So, I suggest you prayerfully tune in your spiritual ears and listen. Then you can go to the website and either re-listen or read the transcript.
You are Unique
Again, what the Holy Spirit is going to give you during this journey can absolutely, positively, and completely transform your entire spiritual and financial life. And that’s going to be a great thing for you, because you, my friend, you are a unique part of the body of Christ. Did you know that? Did you know that data shows that fewer than 10% of the Body of Christ will ever step out and take the time and make the effort and even the sacrifice to learn and apply what God’s Word has to say about how to handle money? This means that more than 90% of the other folks in the Body of Christ will sadly, never be able to truly enjoy financial freedom God’s way.
But just because you are unique, well, that doesn’t mean you’re going to have it easy. Oh no.
- For example, if you are just getting started, listen, if you are just getting started in your adult professional life, then you need to know that you are in for some tough financial times. As the matter of fact, the data shows that for every 100 people who enter a career today, well, by the end of that career
- 5, only 5 or 6 are going to be financially independent,
- 15 or so, will have some money,
- And 80 will be dead, broke or dependent on their family.
- So, if you are just starting out, my friend, you are headed into some perilous financial times.
- But maybe that’s not the case with you. Maybe you are not just starting out. Maybe you’ve been around for a while. If this is the case, then you already know that these are truly perilous financial times. Right? For example you have already seen that
- Home values are starting to go down again and foreclosures are going up.
- You already know that many savings and retirement plans have been wiped out as the stock market and the value of the dollar continues to fall.
- You have seen vanishing credit and fluctuating gas prices.
- You know that food prices are going up.
- Some folks are having their hours and wages cut back while others lose their jobs altogether.
- There are more personal bankruptcies today than ever before.
- And perhaps you or someone you know are seeing your healthcare costs go up or your benefits erode or vanish completely.
The bottom line is this:
- Whether you are just starting out or you’ve been around the block once or several times, you are here right now so you obviously want to learn to handle your money wisely and do it God’s way. But remember; only about 5-6% of the folks will ever make it there. Well, the good news for you is this: during our time together you are going to see how you can become one of those 5-6% AND how you can become a tool to help bring others along with you as well.
- The Holy Spirit is going to show you how you can earn, give, save, and spend more than you ever dreamed possible, and, how you can do it in ways that are pleasing to God.
Now, you are not only unique, you are truly the exception to the rule. Did you realize that? You are here, listening right now. And because you are listening, you are going to change, and that makes you an exception in the Body of Christ and that makes you an exception in the world today. You are the exception, you are not the rule.
How so? Because most everyone wants to change. So, what do they do? Well, most everyone will set some goals to change. But most of the time most folks do not change. They don’t follow through on their goals.
- Why is that? Because most people, most of the time, simply don’t do what they know we need to do. They know what they need to do, they just don’t do it.
- Why? Because doing and not doing is more a spiritual deal than anything else. It’s a spiritual deal. Paul says in Romans chapter 7: I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. Paul goes on to say that basically if you don’t do what you know you should do it’s because of the sin in your life. It’s a spiritual deal. You see, if the spirit s in you is comfortable with sin, it’s not the Holy Spirit. Listen, God is not leading you when you tolerate sin in yourself and in others.
- You see, everyone has good intentions—but you know what they say about the road paved with good intentions, right?
- But more often than not, when most people start off and they set and want to follow through on some goals, they likely end up taking a break and spending some quality time on that wonderful fantasy island called Someday Island… or as we call it,
Have you ever been there? If you have, then you can look back and see that the Holy Spirit was not leading you when you ended up on Someday Isle, because you ended up there by saying something like…
- Someday…I’ll read that book.
- Someday…I’ll start that exercise program.
- Someday…I’ll upgrade my skills so I can get a better job.
- Or, someday…I’ll learn and start to do all the things that I know I need to do to move from where I am to where God wants me to be financially.
You know what? Those who keep numbers tell us about 80% of the population live on Someday Isle most of the time.
- And while they’re there, what do you suppose they do? For the most part they sit around and they think and they dream and they fantasize about all the things they are going to do, and what’s its going to be like… “”
- And what do you think is the main topic of conversation on Someday Isle? Excuses! Everyone sits around all day and swap excuses for being on the island. They play the blame game. And they learn to play it very well. Why? Because they truly believe everything is always somebody else’s fault, especially, particularly when it comes to the area of finances.
- You’ve heard this…It’s my parents fault that I’m in this mess…my wife’s fault, it’s my husband’s fault, it’s the government’s fault, or even sadly, it’s God’s fault. I mean, “Even the dog barks wrong at my house and it’s anybody’s fault but mine.”
- Now, you know what, Adam—like in Adam and Eve—I got to believe that Adam had to have been the very first one to ever show up on Someday Isle. You see, Adam was the very first to play the blame game, right? When Adam found out he was in deep trouble with God, he looked at God and said something like, “God, this woman you gave me did this.” Sadly, Adam was the first to face his problems like a true man: he blamed his wife.
- The fact is, from Adam down through all of time, people get to Someday Isle because their life is an endless litany of excuses. Do you know what we find? We find that there are basically only two different kinds of people: those who make good and those who make excuses.
- You see, everyone on Someday Isle has the same disease, its call “excuseits.” And this disease of excuseitis is invariably fatal to success.
- Well my friend, starting today—starting right now…
- You are going to learn to quit making excuses and make good. You see, you are a child of God. God does not manufacture junk, and he does not sponsor flops.
- You are going to learn to draw a spiritual financial line in the sand and say, “I’m not compromising another day. I’m not giving in one more time. Financial victory is going to be mine starting right now, in the name of the Living God.
- You are going to quit looking at who’s against you and start thinking about Who’s with you—you see my friend, God wants to make a difference in your life including in your financial life.
- But a word of warning here—listen to me. To achieve something that you have never achieved before, you may have to learn and practice qualities and skills that you have never had before.
- During our time together you are going to lean essential biblical financial disciplines required for you to prayerfully build your personal financial character and your personal financial personality.
Do you know what God is calling you to do today? Or better yet, do you know one of the many things you are going to be able to do during and after our times together? My friend, God is going to spiritually and financially equip you to vote yourself off Someday Isle once and for all.
No more excuses! Listen, losers make excuses; winners in Christ make progress. During our time together, you are going to make some serious spiritual and financial progress.
Radio Seminar: What you will accomplish and how.
During our times together you are going to learn what God has to say about how you are take care of, how you are to best manage the material areas of your life and you are going to learn how to do it in ways that are pleasing to Him.
How are you going to do all of that? By prayerfully learning to blend the spiritual and the financial in ways you may have never experienced before. For example,
- You will not only learn to combine key biblical financial principles along with some critical, scriptural applications.
- You are also going to take a good look at some Jewish history and some Jewish word pictures.
- You are going to learn some Greek,
- You are going to hear some true stories about challenges and lessons learned,
- You are going to have some fun, and
- You are even going to get to meet Rex our Roman soldier friend and see what in the world God’s spiritual armor has to do with your personal finances.
- And along the way, well, along the way you’re going to also pick up some hints on how to live with a whole lot less stress around the house. Now, do you need a hit or two on how to live with a little less financial anxiety and stress?
Radio Seminar Wrap Up
All right, you’re at the right place at the right time to start down the road to financial freedom God’s way. But you’re going to start this journey in a way I know you don’t expect.
- During your upcoming radio seminar sessions, you are going to take an aerial view of God’s perspective on money and financial material management. And again, it’s going to be a view that you likely will have never seen before.
- You are going to consider the three questions, three questions that God asks of anyone who ever chooses to love and serve Him; who choose to make a material and a financial difference in the Kingdom of God.
- You are going to see how He asked these three questions to folks back in Bible times,
- And how He is asking these same three questions to you, today.
- Then, to give you a feel of where you’re going and how you’re going to get there,
- You will also see a quick overview of the complete Financial Freedom God’s Way Series, and
- A very detailed outline of this seminar.
So, your next several sessions will serve as a foundation for all of our times together. Are you ready? Great. Again, welcome and remember to be back next week..
OK, how are we doing on time? Well, it looks like we have time to respond to one question, let’s see, yep, Here’s a great question: Our church teaches that the entire tithe should go to the local church. What does the Bible say? Response: In the book of Old Testament book of Malachi we’re told that God wants us to direct our entire tithe into the storehouse. So I believe it’s necessary that we compare the Old Testament storehouse to the New Testament church. The Old Testament storehouse had four functions: (1) Feed the tribe of Levi and the priests of Aaron. This would seem to be equivalent to our pastors and church staff members today. (2) Feed the prophets. A prophet in the Old Testament was not necessarily somebody who could “forthtell” the future but someone who could “forthtell” the truth. Today this would point to our missionaries and evangelists. (3) Feed the Hebrew widows and orphans living within the city. Today this would be roughly equivalent to the widows, orphans, and invalids in our local churches. (4) In addition a special tithe was taken every third year to feed the widows and orphans of the Gentiles living in and around the Hebrew city. This would seem to equate to the unsaved folks surrounding our local churches. Here’s the point: Many churches serve the fourfold function of the OT storehouse, and others do not. Does yours? Do you know? If you don’t know, I suggest you prayerfully and humbly ask. Your decision must be based on your church’s obedience to God’s Word. If a local church doesn’t accept the responsibility of being the storehouse, then believers must help ensure that the fourfold function is accomplished through other means. Great question.
MINUTE WITH MAXWELL
So, another great time together with your seminar, a great question to respond to and a Scam to stay away from, now, well now let’s hear from Christian leadership author, speaker, teacher, trainer, and coach John Maxwell as he shares his thoughts on the word ACCOUNTABILITY.
What a great lesson, we are to be accountable to ourselves for our results. It takes commitment, responsibility and determination to go after our goals and dreams. Yes it does. But we can also choose to do a little extra every day, and when we do, begin to watch how far we go…thank you John Maxwell.
PROGRAM WRAP UP
And that wraps up our time together for today. But before we go I want to remind you again this fall we will be offering both our “How To Raise Money Wise Children God’s Way” and our new “Widowhood, What to do both before and after” seminars and workshops at our ministry location in Hiawassee. However, If you would like us to bring either or both of these complementary, no-charge seminars to your church all you need to do is to give me a call at 678-386-2640. That’s 678-386-2648.
One other quick reminder, you can re-listen to or read a transcript of this program on our website at www.christianfinancialministries.org.
Yep, it’s been another great time together. Now, well now, let’s close as we always close, and that is with a word of prayer. Father, we thank you for bringing us together and teaching us today and for each of the days yet to come, to Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Have a blessed rest of your day won’t you, and we will see you next time as we continue down your personal road to Financial Freedom God’s Way.